Learn how to make a perfect creamy scrambled egg – 03/18/2023 – Food
The recipe for a “hotel breakfast” scrambled egg became famous on cook Larissa Januário’s social media thanks to the detailed explanation of the process.
The key point of the preparation, explains she, who is also a presenter on the Sabor e Arte channel, is controlling the temperature of the pan – if the egg is curdling too quickly, you have to remove it from the heat and keep stirring it over the sink. or in another mouth.
On her Instagram profile, she says that she tried the recipe for the first time 15 years ago at a breakfast prepared by her future husband, Gustavo Rigueiral, who is also a cook and presenter – the two have been together ever since.
See the step by step of the scrambled egg, which does not need milk or cream to be creamy.
creamy scrambled eggs
- Eggs (calculate one to two per person)
- Butter: a spoon (tea) for each egg (to finish)
- Salt and pepper to taste (to finish)
- If possible, take the eggs out of the fridge just before using them; do not wash the egg: the shell is porous and impurities can be absorbed
- Break one egg at a time into a bowl; so, if one of them is unfit for consumption, you don’t lose the whole mixture
- Beat the eggs with a fork until the yolks and whites are even, in a pale yellow mixture; this will make these two parts cook evenly
- Get a pan with a good non-stick coating, turn on the medium heat and pour in the egg mixture.
- Stir with a silicone spatula with quick movements, taking the eggs off the bottom and sides of the pan.
- If the mixture is curdling too quickly, remove it from the heat (keep stirring) and, after cooling down a bit, return the pan to the heat.
- What will ensure consistency are the continuous quick movements and the temperature control, done by removing the pan from the stove whenever the eggs coagulate too quickly.
- This process will take between seven (more liquid eggs) and ten minutes (for a drier result)
- Before serving, finish with cold butter to taste, which helps to make the scrambled egg more velvety, as well as salt and pepper.
your subscription can be worth even more
Do you already know the advantages of being a Folha subscriber? In addition to having access to reports and columns, you have exclusive newsletters (find out here). You can also download our free app from the Apple Store or Google Play to receive alerts for the top news of the day. Your subscription helps us to make an independent and quality journalism. Thanks!
your signature is worth a lot
More than 180 reports and analyzes published each day. A team with more than 200 columnists and bloggers. Professional journalism that supervises public authorities, conveys useful and inspiring news, counterpoints the intolerance of social networks and draws a clear line between truth and lies. How much does it cost to help produce this content?
SUBSCRIBE FOR BRL 1.90 IN THE 1ST MONTH